Helix aspersa Muller and Maxima are the most popular, expensive and delicious snails regarding their gastronomic qualities. The demand for these species is especially high in Europe. Consumption of these snails is 400 million euros only in Western Europe, while more than 60% of consumed snails are imported.
The project includes the creation of a farm for breeding and growing snails Helix Aspersa Muller and Maxima based on the 4,84 ha land plot in Kyiv region.
In Ukraine the breeding of snails is more competitive than in the EU due to the following:
- quota-free export;
- preferential VAT rate on a product;
- cheap labor;
- perfect climate conditions for breeding and growing of snails.
The expected volume of produced and sold snails is 120 tons per year.
The project involves:
- construction of units for the brood stock snails, snail breeding units and a refrigerator;
- purchase of the brood stock snails and young snails;
- purchase and installation of the equipment for fields.